In this post, let us walk through basics of AX SSRS Reports development IDE.
- AX 2012 should be installed with Reporting extensions
- SSRS should be installed.
- VS tools should be installed
For detailed installation and deployment please follow the detailed MSDN article.
Creating an AX SSRS Report Project
Below are the steps to create a project:
- Open Visual Studio.
- Go to File à New Project. A dialog opens
- Select Microsoft Dynamics AX on left hand side menu, on right hand pane select Report Model.
- Give a name and select a Location. Click Ok. This should create the project
5. To add a Report , Right click on project –> Add –> Report
6. Your report should be added now.
Report Development IDE Explained
Once you have added a report in a Report project you should see the following on the left hand side as shown in the screenshot above. These are:
- Datasets: Any dataset(s) that are used in report. A single report can have one or more data sets from one or more sources.
- Designs: Any design(s) that are used in the report. A report can have one or more designs.
- Images: Any Image(s) that are used in report. Can Zero or more.
- Data Methods: Any C# data methods that are used by report. Can be Zero or more.
- Parameters: Any parameters that are used by report. These contains default framework parameters, Query parameter, Contract parameters, and UI parameters.